Wednesday, February 3, 2010

it's harder than we think

understanding...accepting...living into...believing...feeling...this thing called grace or love or even the all encompassing God is harder to understand/accept/live into/believe/feel than we ever thought.

Maybe that's the point.

Here's a quote my friend Shelley sent me:

"...the thing that keeps me on my knees is the difference between Grace and Karma. At the center of all religions is the idea of Karma. You know, what you put out comes back to you: an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, or in physics - in physical laws - every action is met by an equal or an opposite one. And yet, along comes this idea called Grace to upend all that.... Love interrupts, if you like, the consequences of your actions, which in my case is very good news indeed, because I've done a lot of stupid stuff."

Obviously if you've read my previous posts I'm not an advocate for shoving things under the rug and not dealing with your emotions, but I believe such a statement is meant for the times that you've tried and tried and tried and just don't seem to get it...understand...believe...accept...

Maybe we're just not meant to.

No comments: