Saturday, March 13, 2010

mmmmmmmmm


Wikipedia (the source we all know and love) defines Gastronomy as the study of the relationship between culture and food. It goes on to say that a Gourmet's principal activities involve discovering, tasting, experiencing, researching, understanding, and writing about foods.

I am by no means a Gastronomy expert nor am I a Gourmet. However, I do love to cook and enjoy company over delicious food. In recent months I've found a new love for photographing food and dining experiences. In some ways I curse this new found passion. I tend to miss out on pictures of friends and family because my eyes are peering at the reflection of candlelight off of wine glasses or the organization of dishes set perfectly on the table. However, I still relish the quiet moments when I've captured the essence of the yummy food and feelings surrounding the table.

Below I've posted a selection of these pictures. They include, among others, a delicious roasted red pepper and tomato basil soup (amazing), exceptional wine and people at BrookVyn celebrating Sarah's bachelorette party, and a recent scrumptious eggplant parm cooked in the comfort of our home.
Enjoy!


No comments: